- 1. Currency Exchange Rate
We require full payment on arrival. Please note that the actual total will be calculated by the hostel in its local currency (brazilian Reais R$), based on the currency exchange rate (if applicable) in effect at the time charging occurs.
- 2. Cancellation Policy
- 50% deposit is required to confirm and guarantee reservations; the remainder is due on arrival at the hostel.
- Deposits are non-refundable for cancellations made 72 hours or less in advanced of your scheduled arrival time. It will remain under the hostel’s discretion to refund deposits for booking changes made within the 72 hours period prior to arrival.
- Only the hostel manager can authorise and refund the deposits for cancellations; always discounting any expense derived from money transfers.
- Packages and groups Cancelation Policy: For Group bookings over 10 people and Packages, cancelations can be done 30 days in advance with a 100% refund. For cancelations and changes with less than 30 days notice, the deposits will not be refunded.
- 3. Changes after arrival
For changes on bookings after arrival, the subsequent period of 72 hours will not be refunded.
- 4. No Shows
The bedrooms are held until midday of the day after the scheduled arrival time. After that time the reservations are automatically cancelled.
In the case of ‘no-show’, deposits will not be refunded and the minimum cancellation fee, equivalent to 3 nights, will be charged to the customers credit card, if the deposit was insufficient to cover this amount. Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 72 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival time.
- 5. Packages & Group Bookings
- We require 50% to be paid in advance. If you book through a booking engine (i.e. 10% deposit) the difference to complete the 50% should be paid directly to the hostel.
- Cancellations for Packages or Groups over 10 People: Cancellations can be done with 30 days notice or more with 100% refund. For cancellations with less than 30 days notice will not be refunded.
- Only the Chill Inn Eco-Suites Paraty manager can authorise and refund the deposits for cancellations; always discounting any expense derived from money transfers.
- Bookings for Special Packages (like New Year or Carnival) must be for the whole period of the package, any booking that breaks into the Package dates will be automatically cancelled and the deposit amount not refunded. You will be immediately contacted about the payment from the whole package.
- 6. Over-bookings
In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hostel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstances, and the hostel is unable to hold rooms consistent with booking room hold policy, the hostel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hostel in the area for the oversold night(s), and will pay for transportation to that hostel.
- 7. Improvements
In our efforts to improve and upgrade our facilities to satisfy all our guests, the Hostel sometimes undergoes refurbishment work in some parts of the hostel. We do our best to ensure guests will not be affected by the renovations but please beware of the latter possibility.
- 8. Prices
All prices are indicative and are subject to change without notice, and they will be verified in writing at the time of the booking confirmation.